Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have my T4, wife self employed (works from home, no T4), and daughter 18 (low income, has T4), which turbotax should I be using?

Wife works as a call centre operator from home, some minor expenses to claim (purchase of computer and phone system), heat, light, power, etc related to her job. Basically she is a contractor to a firm, no T4 provided by the company she supports.

Daughter earned less than $5000 for year, has a T4.

I have my T4.

1 Reply

I have my T4, wife self employed (works from home, no T4), and daughter 18 (low income, has T4), which turbotax should I be using?

You can use any version of TurboTax to prepare your tax return that has Self-Employed income.

However, we recommend TurboTax Self-Employed as it provides more guidance while you are doing your return. But if you start with a different version, you can always upgrade if you choose to and the information you have entered will still be there. (Just remember you cannot "downgrade" to a lower version). 

With TurboTax Online you pay per return, so you can choose a lower version, or even Free for your daughter. You can buy TurboTax Online here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/online-tax-software.jsp