Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove self employment income entered in error

5 Replies

Done under the Income tab > Self Employment section. This is where all your entries will be applied, to edit or delete.

Filed T4A(P) amount under Self-Employment income in error, attempting to correct that in a reFile and it won't allow me to even find the previously listed amount to edit or delete it. When I go under Self-Employment there isn't even a profile and yet the amount remains listed. When I go to summary and it shows the now corrected and still the error amount with an edit button it doesn't allow me to correct it there either.

So it shows in the review like so:

Net employment earnings
$26,955.00
Pension income
$6,501.00
Net self-employment income  ***** Error and attempting to remove but cannot trace it back to correct since filing
$6,501.00

Go to your "Personal Information" section and be sure that you remove the checkmark beside self-employed, and then click on the "Income" sections to see what T-slips you entered. In case you entered a regular T4A instead of a T4A (P). Then continue, and each page you completed will come up. You can then choose to delete the page completely. 

If this doesn't work- please try deleting your T4A slip and continue. Then go back to the "Income" section and enter a new T4A(P) if necessary. 

If you are still having issues please contact our customer service so that they can view your return to assist you further.

askparth
Returning Member

Revisit your T3 and other T-slips. You can also check from the 'Forms Method'. There will be a self-employment income in a form with the amount. Go where you input that amount.

In my case, it was T3 - Box 26 which is supposed to be declared, however, NOT Communal income. I changed the dropdown from communal - yes to Communal - NO!  and went and netfile without any issues.

-ParthPatel