Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I entered some of my sons medical expenses on my taxes by mistake, how do I delete them? I had entered 5 of his receipts before I realized my error.

3 Replies

If I entered some of my sons medical expenses on my taxes by mistake, how do I delete them? I had entered 5 of his receipts before I realized my error.

If you're using TurboTax Online:

·  Open the Deductions menu and select Medical Expenses Profile. You can also use Find to search for “Medical Expenses Profile”

· Click the Continue button.

· On the Medical Expense Summary page, you can Edit or Delete any expenses you have already put in.

If you're using the CD/Download edition of TurboTax:

· Open the Deductions & Credits menu and click on Medical Expenses Profile, then on Medical Expenses Summary.

· On the Medical Expense Summary page, you can Edit or Delete any expenses you have already put in.

If I entered some of my dependents medical expenses by mistake how do I delete them.

@2389Alanna Please see the instructions given by @Assistant above.