Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I refile a return in Turbo Tax 2020?

Where is the refile option icon in Turbo Tax 2020?
2 Replies

If you have already filed your 2020 return and received your 2020 Notice of Assessment (NOA) then you can ReFile. Please click the I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes? to help you with the adjustment on your return. Make sure that whatever it is that you need to fix on your return hasn't already been done by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you will see any changes or updates on your NOA. 

If the return has not been filed, the Refile button will not appear. Please verify your NETFILE confirmation number by checking How do I find my NETFILE confirmation number?

If you are using TurboTax Online, then when you sign in to your account, there will be a ReFile button next to any return that was filed using NETFILE.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, you can either click on the button next to the return or if the return is not on the list, use the “Change A Filed Return” button on the welcome page. You can also select “Change A Filed Return” from the File menu.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for using TurboTax.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), requires that you wait until you’ve received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. In many cases, the CRA will catch the mismatch and automatically adjust your return for you.

TurboTax Online versions:

Filing adjustments to a Federal tax return-

If you filed your original tax return using CRA’s NETFILE service:

1. Sign in to your online TurboTax account for the tax year you want to prepare an adjustment for.
  2. In Return Manager, select the ReFILE button beside the filed tax return you want to adjust.

If you printed and mailed your original tax return or are in a situation excluded from ReFILE:

1. See the CRA’s How to change your return page for how to make an adjustment online in your CRA My Account or by mail.

Filing adjustments to a Québec return

Online editions of TurboTax don’t currently support ReFILE of federal tax returns for residents of Québec.

To make an adjustment to a Québec return, see Revenu Quebec’s Changing an income tax return that you have already filed page for instructions on how to make an adjustment online in your Revenu Québec My Account, or by mail.

TurboTax CD/download versions:

Filing adjustments to a Federal tax return

Filing adjustments to a Québec return

For more information please visit I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?.

Restrictions: You can only use ReFILE to submit certain types of changes to your tax return. For more details, visit the conditions and exclusions for using ReFILE page on the CRA website.

Note: TurboTax does not have ReFILE services available for residents of Québec.

If you need any further clarifications, we would be glad to assist you by having you contact us by phone or via Facebook or  Twitter

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.