Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bars6944
Returning Member

Turbotax Errors

I Netfiled a tax return today that Turbotax calculated to be a refund of $1,006.67 however the CRA assessed it and changed the refund to $1,754.33 saying there were errors in the Turbotax calculations.  This was a very simple tax return with no special incomes or deductions and I have a much more complicated return to complete so I am very concerned that there may be something wrong with the 2023 version of Turbotax and would like to know if anyone else is having this issue and if so, what is being done about it?

Thank you;

Bob C

19 Replies

Turbotax Errors

If you would like to make a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee, please see this FAQ: 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/tax-return/submit-claim-tur...

Turbotax Errors

Had same problem after filing basic tax return Turbo tax had a refund of $806 when filed to CRA refund was changed by them to $379 due to an error in calculating the total payable by Turbo Tac

Turbotax Errors

Please follow our TurboTax FAQ: How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

Turbotax Errors

@Theadams  @Bars6944 Could you let us know if you used TurboTax Online or TurboTax Desktop/Download and what version was used?

Turbotax Errors

I used the desk top Turbo Tax Standard 

Turbotax Errors

Thank you for this information. Please continue to follow the directions above as we look into things here.

Bars6944
Returning Member

Turbotax Errors

Good afternoon TurboTax Ginette!  I used TurboTax Desktop/Download Standard Version however I cannot find a version number on any of the documentation.  There is a SKU on the box #5107553 and I purchased it at Staples in Belleville.  I should also note that I have been using this Intuit product since it was still called Quicktax and have never had an issue even remotely close to this previously.  With a far more complex return to file I want to make sure that this year's version is accurate in order to take appropriate actions in regards to RRSP Contributions etc.  Obviously there is some urgency to this query due to the upcoming close of contributions date so any assistance you can offer to clarify this situation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you;

Turbotax Errors

@Bars6944 @Theadams  When you get your full Notice of Assessment, it should say what the CRA has changed.

Turbotax Errors

This is what the Notice of Assessment says

Net federal tax

Net Alberta tax

Total payable

We changed your total payable from $2,604.61 to $3,075.35 because of a calculation error.