Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I refile my 2022 return? I made an error on my 2022 tax return and need to refile. I got an error message when I tried and I assume I need to wait.

I made an error on my medical expenses and need to refile. The tax return is the same and doesn't change, but I still need to make the correction. I received an error message when I tried to refile it yesterday. I assume it's too early to refile the return. Does anyone know when I will be able to fix it?

Edit: I've been doing more digging. Is it correct that I have to wait for my notice of assessment? I don't want to do anything too early and risk being locked out.

4 Replies

When can I refile my 2022 return? I made an error on my 2022 tax return and need to refile. I got an error message when I tried and I assume I need to wait.

You are correct. You must wait until you have received your Notice of Assessment before submitting any adjustment requests. This is important for a couple of reasons. First, an early adjustment request may lead to unnecessary delays in processing time for both the original return and the adjustment. Secondly, CRA may adjust your original return for you. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Huong Ton

I am not able to file my income tax return and need to refile today. I cannot access to the return that I completed yesterday

Huong Ton

When filing my 2022 income tax yesterday, I received an error from CRA. How could I submit it again

What error message did you receive?