Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiznolet

I have a home business (daycare) and decided last year (early Jan 2015) not to continue it. How can I close the business, as I did not have any income/expenses for 2015?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a home business (daycare) and decided last year (early Jan 2015) not to continue it. How can I close the business, as I did not have any income/expenses for 2015?

File the return as nil and check the box for the last year of business.  If you have any assets that were used to claim CCA, you will need to show them as disposed of at

View solution in original post

4 Replies

File the return as nil and check the box for the last year of business.  If you have any assets that were used to claim CCA, you will need to show them as disposed of at

tiznolet

Thank you Delphision

You are very welcome.
Brian K2
Returning Member

I have a similar question for my wife who also had a daycare.

Trying to figure out what to do with remaining assets & CCA. Nothing was sold & FMV is probably less than the current capital cost. Do I just enter FMV as equal to remaining capital cost?

What would happen if FMV was greater than Capital Cost? Would turbotax show a recapture somewhere?