Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caruanap

Had 408 owing could not eliminate by adding charitable donations?

Why can’t I eliminate tax owing?
5 Replies

To know if you have maximined your return please visit our TurboTax article below to make sure that you have claimed everything you possibly could. 
20 Popular Canadian Tax Deductions and Credits in 2023

Thank you for using TurboTax.

caruanap

I went though all the deductions just need to know why when I add the charitable donations it doesn’t reduce the $408 owing as a couple. Tried on both taxes no reduction. Is there some sort of minimum? Both on CPP and old age with approx 6-7 k pension and rrsp added.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

caruanap

I think I have found why I couldn’t eliminate taxes owing it’s because the taxes owed was the Ontario health premiums for each person and can’t be eliminated after all taxes are eliminated???

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.