Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I go back in Turbo Tax and change the range of time that I'm claiming medical expenses for?

4 Replies

How can I go back in Turbo Tax and change the range of time that I'm claiming medical expenses for?

You can login to TurboTax Online 2023 here: https://ww1.2023.ca.turbotaxonline.intuit.com/

Then use the Find tool to search for "med" to get to the medical section.

Thanks, but that did not work. I went through all the possible routes (including searching for med), as did an expert who did a share screen with me. He came to the conclusion that I was not able to edit the date range for my medical expenses.

Did you have medical expenses entered for 2022? Because if you only have expenses for 2023, then you won't get the option to change the date, it will be from Jan to Dec 2023.

Hey, you figured it out! I have to click on the finished with medical expenses to edit the date. Funny how both me and the expert who gave me a call spent about 30 min trying to find that and weren't able to.

Thanks. You've saved me from having to start over.