Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akazemzadeh
Returning Member

How do I remove medical expenses in Turbo Tax? In my Profile, I indicated I had none, and I never entered any amounts, yet an amount continues to appear on my Tax Summary

2 Replies

How do I remove medical expenses in Turbo Tax? In my Profile, I indicated I had none, and I never entered any amounts, yet an amount continues to appear on my Tax Summary

Did you transfer information into your return from last year? If so, you may have had unclaimed medical expenses that were added to your return for this year.

Another possibility is that you have something in Box 85 (Employee-paid premiums for private health plan) on your T4. This would be considered a medical expense.

akazemzadeh
Returning Member

Thank you so much.  There was box 85 on my spouse's T4 so that must be it.  But can tell me why that would show up on my taxes instead of his?  It seems I should change this to his return but I'm not sure how to.