Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Startnewone
Returning Member

How to adjust RRSP deduction after filed tax return?

I just received Jan-Feb2024 RRSP contribution receipt after I filed tax return. I have received NOA and I filled out T1 ADJ form in the download turbotax. When I refile I noticed the Old Amount shows my adjusted amount RRSP, the New Amount shows the previous RRSP (without Jan-Feb2024 RRSP contribution). The federal refund shows change of a positive amount which means that I need to pay CRA.  Should the federal tax return show adjusted RRSP in the New Amount and previous RRSP (without Jan-Feb2024 RRSP contribution) show as Old Amount? I should get negative change of federal refund?

3 Replies

Please make sure that you made the adjustment in the correct place, and that you haven’t over contributed to your RRSPs.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Startnewone
Returning Member

T1 Adjustment Request form section C is the only place to put the adjustment. I have RRSP contributions in Jan-Feb2024 $1000. and I didn't over contributed. below is how I filled the form

Line number from return: 20800

Name of the line from return: RRSP deduction

Previous amount: 7000

Amount of change: 1000

Revised amount: 8000

can you advise if it's corrected filled?

Please verify this with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as they will be able to also review what has been entered in your file and what was missed in your return. It seems that the contribution also needs to be entered in the adjustment noted above. Please call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.