Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, TurboTax asks: "Do you choose to pay your spouse's premium?". How do I answer this?

Under the "Premium Payable under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan", TurboTax asks: "Do you choose to pay your spouse's premium?". How do I answer this? My wife already pays for a group plan that covers both of us...

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rhino2

For the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, TurboTax asks: "Do you choose to pay your spouse's premium?". How do I answer this?

If you were covered for the entire year by a group plan that provides prescription drug insurance for both of you, neither of you should have any premium to pay for the provincial plan. Make sure you have both checked Entire Year for You were covered by basic prescription drug insurance through a group insurance plan or You were covered by basic prescription drug insurance through a group insurance plan that your spouse, father or mother was a member of (as applicable).

If you were covered for only part of the year, you may have a premium to pay. Answer "yes" if you want to pay your wife's premium, or "no" if she will pay it. The amount should be the same either way.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rhino2

If you were covered for the entire year by a group plan that provides prescription drug insurance for both of you, neither of you should have any premium to pay for the provincial plan. Make sure you have both checked Entire Year for You were covered by basic prescription drug insurance through a group insurance plan or You were covered by basic prescription drug insurance through a group insurance plan that your spouse, father or mother was a member of (as applicable).

If you were covered for only part of the year, you may have a premium to pay. Answer "yes" if you want to pay your wife's premium, or "no" if she will pay it. The amount should be the same either way.

Thanks rhino!