I have health insurance through my work that includes prescription drug coverage. I pay for both myself and my wife/family. I'm filling out the turbotax forms properly - but it won't let me file the tax return and I can't understand why.
We would need more details on what is preventing you from filing to be able to help. Any error message, error code ?
You could also contact a TurboTax specialist who will be better able to assist you in correcting this issue.
I'm having the same issue here I think. There is the review error that shows me:
"If you're paying your spouse/partner's premium under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, only check boxes 50 through 59, as applicable. Note: If you were covered during the year by basic prescription drug insurance provided by a group insurance plan, but you also paid your spouse/partner's premium, only check box 14 (box 16 for your spouse/partner) without completing Part A, B and C."
(I'm assuming this is actually Schedule K). However, I don't see anything wrong with my inputs.
- I click Box 14: You were covered by a group insurance plan.
- Then I'm prompted with: "Questions used to determine whether Lernwel should be paying the premiums payable under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan."
- I choose Yes on "You were covered by basic prescription drug insurance provided by a group insurance plan of which you were a member, or your spouse, mother or father was a member, and this plan covered the cost of medications."
- Next question is "Check the applicable months in 2020 for which you were (at least one day) in one or more of the situations you just selected." I choose all of the months.
- Next question is "Check this box if you choose to pay your spouse's premium". I choose Yes.
- This brings me back to the Review page, and it still shows the same error I wrote above.
- Because of the error. using Quebec NETFILE is not possible.
Also I notice that the the Review Errors don't seem to be resolved/updated when you make changes. It seems to always refer back to older choices/mistakes.
I get the same exact issue, it's the first time I've ever gotten this as a problem.
Is it a glitch in the software?
please someone help, as i can't seem to file with this error in my taxes.