Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one of my dependants shows up in the drop down for the medical expense receipts section. Do I just enter my second dependants receipts under my own name?

3 Replies

Only one of my dependants shows up in the drop down for the medical expense receipts section. Do I just enter my second dependants receipts under my own name?

Is the other dependant over 18? If so, there is a different place to put their medical expenses. This FAQ tells you how to enter medical expenses for dependants over 18 years of age: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-credits-expenses/help/how-do-i-enter-medical-expe...

No, he is 10.  He is listed as one of my dependents.  But in the medical expense receipts section in the drop down only my son (17 yr old) and myself are options in the drop down to select for whom the medical receipt is for. Can I just list the medical receipts for him under my name?

I have the exact same issue. Quite frustrating. Did you ever figure this out?