Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone notice in TurboTax Online, the Medical expense Claim Period does not work?

@skettley I

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

EGillie

Anyone notice in TurboTax Online, the Medical expense Claim Period does not work?

The bug is still present. Trying to help my mother with her taxes and the medical expense aspect has a massive impact on her taxes.. Between this issue and a 50% increase in the cost to do my husband's and my return with all the same type of expenses as last year, I am so disappointed in Turbotax this year. I have been using it for years, but now I will probably start over with a different tax software. Higher cost and a more poorly performing product. This is not the way to maintain customers.

Hi EGillie

I figured it out with some help. Input all the expenses and then when you hit done, it will give you the option to change the time period. If I remember correctly. In any case, I remember that you have to have completed everything. 

Good luck!

EGillie

thanks. Actually I switched to another company and it worked smoothly and is free to use.

I was thinking of doing that next year. 

A year later, and this answer saved my behind. It turns out turbotax just skipped the page for me where I had to choose which years I was claiming for - I found it by accident when scouring through the pages in my medical profile. This fixed this exact issue that I've been experiencing.

Thank you for the feedback. This is the reason the Community forum exists. You can always search for your answer and receive an answer whether from previous posts or a new answer from a moderator or other tax filer. We are happy to see it was beneficial to you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.