Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpmadsen
Returning Member

Unable to remove the Climate Action Incentive (Alberta) from filing.

I am completing taxes for myself and my spouse using the online version. I complete them separately, not as spousal returns, so put the relevant information on each form. The software is automatically putting the entire Climate Action Incentive (individual plus spousal amount) on both returns. There does not seem to any way to get rid of this. I have unchecked the box on the Provincial Forms to indicate that it does not apply to me and it does not make a change. Seems others are having the same problem. Is there any solution from Turbotax?

4 Replies

If you go under the "Provincial" section and continue and you will make sure the last box on the bottom is unchecked "Climate Action Incentive" federal credit available for residents of Manitoba" Then continue, it will not ask any questions about the CAI and it won't claim it.

Joshua748

My wife and I are filing our taxes separately and her accountant claimed the climate action incentive on her taxes. 

When I enter all of my info and uncheck the provincial climate action box, the credit still shows up in the federal portion. How do I remove it?

jpmadsen
Returning Member

You need to check the climate action box and then it will allow you to go through additional options and say that your wife has claimed it. A bit counter-intuitive and took me a long time to figure out!

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Under the provincial tax credit profile: uncheck the Climate Action Incentive option

TurboTax Online:

TurboTax Desktop:

I hope this was helpful