Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrFish

Where is the ontario staycation tax credit? I don't see it listed under the provincial tax credits.

I do not see the Staycation deduction.... where in the Online version is it?

Thanks

Where is the ontario staycation tax credit? I don't see it listed under the provincial tax credits.

Unfortunately, the Ontario Staycation credit is not finalized at the Canada Revenue Agency yet. An adjustment will need to be done at a later date if you file before it is ready. Note: Printing or filing of your return is not available till February 21. Once Netfile and printing is available, the credit will be available in the return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Friday

Please be advised that the Ontario Staycation credit is now available in TurboTax Online. To apply for the credit, you can select Provincial, then Provincial Tax Credit Profile.

Anyone else for the past couple days since Netfile has opended having problems with an Alert on the NETFILE page of the PC/Downloaded Version of Turbo Tax? We had not problem entering the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit information and does the calculation properly as per the CRA calculations but when we get to the screen to NETFILE we get the following ALERT at the top of the Page:

"Canada Revenue Agency has released new information for the Ontario Staycation tax credit that is not included into this release. If you are claiming this credit, we do not recommend you to NETFILE at this time. The Ontario Staycation tax credit changes will be included into our next release."

The software is fully update and shows that we can still start the processing of NETFILE.

Anyone else having this message and did you file anyways and had no problems?

I've had the same alert come up each day that I've tried to finish off my taxes.   It would be great to know when the next update with the Ontario Staycation tax credit will be happening instead of being in limbo.

Need2Know519
Returning Member

AP5911

I found the forms but when I try to Netfile it says I should wait as it's not on the version? I purchased the 2022 version at Walmart. I checked for updates and it said there are none. When will it be available?

@AP5911 The update has gone live. You should be able to file with the Staycation credit on your return now. 

This was solved above many weeks ago

BO04
Level 1

I know where to find the various forms, but when I put in the data (fund amount) it does not add it in to the total. I used the override feature to put in the total manually, but then TurboTax indicates I cannot file electronically with this override. Is this a glitch in the TurboTax form?