Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Netfile to Revenue Quebec

The 'TP10' element is invalid - The value '[phone number removed]' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.revenuquebec.ca/T3:noTel' - The Pattern constraint failed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you, maybe I didn’t notice that instruction on the software. Last year I didn't have this issue.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Please double check that you have the correct phone number, and that there is only numbers.

Thank you, maybe I didn’t notice that instruction on the software. Last year I didn't have this issue.

Nickyvan

Cannot file my Quebec return getting “TP10 ELEMENT INVALID THE VALUE [phone number removed] IS INVALID ACCORDING TO ITS DATATYPE http://www.revenuequebec.ca/T3no tel- pattern constraint failed.

Verify that the phone number is numbers only. That your SIN number is correct and that you do not have any other characters such as a hyphen or a comma in the address/phone area.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Same here cannot file my Quebec return.  Giving me TP10 error message.  ....telephone numberis invalid according to its database.  How do I resolve this?

@Joseebeaue Please verify that your phone number is numbers only and that your SIN number is correct and that you do not have any other characters such as a hyphen or a comma in the address/phone area.

julia04

Hello, 

I have the same issue and realized it is because there is a hyphen in the phone number. How/where do I resolve this and remove the hyphen? 

Thank you

@julia04 You can change your phone number by selection My Info > Contact Information from the top of the left side menu.

apolon18

"You can change your phone number by selection My Info > Contact Information from the top of the left side menu."

It doesn't help.

When you change the format and save, the soft turns it back to (123) 456-7890.

Before filing RQ there's a phone and email verification step where the phone is (123) 456-7890. It comes from the contact info and this is the issue. Here you can change it to the 1234567890 format and then it works.

Support people, check it, please.

Thanks.