Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKharade

CRA was unable to accept your netfile return, filing for first time, do I have to file by mail and cannot use netfile?

Hello,

I got an error while filing on Netfile, it said CRA was unable to accept your netfile tax return.

The information sent to CRA does't match the identification information currently on record, which was provided by Service Canada when your SSN was issued.

I am filing for the first time and do not have a CRA account, had to fill manually. Does it mean I cannot use netfile and have to send by mail ?

1 Reply

CRA was unable to accept your netfile return, filing for first time, do I have to file by mail and cannot use netfile?

As a first-time filer, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires a paper return to enable you to create your file. Without this file in their system, the availability to input your information, calculate or assess your return is non-existent. This is also true when it comes to needing a file to include your address and direct deposit information. Once your paper return is included in the system this year, you will then be able to NETFILE into your CRA file and make changes as needed in the coming future years.

Please follow this CRA link to find out Where to mail your paper T1 return

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.