Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMsour

Do i have to pay the premiums payable under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan

Hello,

My income is 34,004 by year, and my employer doesn't provide any health insurance.

I live in QC.

When I tried to file my tax using online Turbotax, it gave me a warning that I might have to pay the premiums for the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, but I want went ahead and reviewed the "questionnaire", and I answered NO to all, and clicked continue, it didn't calculate any thing extra and it still showing me the warning.

How can i be sure that I am filing my taxes correctly?

Thanks 🙂

4 Replies

Do i have to pay the premiums payable under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan

Are you working for a Quebec company or from another province?

MMsour

I am working for a Quebec company, and they don't offer any kind of insurance. Thanks

If you are sure that what you entered is correct, then you can ignore the warnings.

However, if you have a health insurance card issued by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ), you are required to be covered by a private group insurance plan that provides basic prescription drug insurance or Québec's public prescription drug insurance plan. So, please double check that you have answered the questions correctly.

MMsour

Thanks a lot.

I re-filled up all the information couple times, and still showing me warnings.. I was afraid I will be penalized at the end, so I went ahead and asked an accountant to do the filling for me old fashion way.

Thanks again.