Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strayfrog_ca
Returning Member

Has Intuit addressed the issue of extra lines in form T1135 for the 2023 TurboTax download version?

In Turbotax online, i have 12 securities listed. When I print a preview before filing, only 5 are shown.

If I let TT submit my T-1135 online, will it populate Part B of T-1135 with my 12 securities, or only 5 as shown in my print preview?

Has Intuit addressed the issue of extra lines in form T1135 for the 2023 TurboTax download version?

When you were in print preview- did you scroll to make sure it wasn't on a new page?

strayfrog_ca
Returning Member

I have the pdf here, with "duplicate - do not send by mail".

I can pick a security that's listed on Schedule 3 (i.e. there was a transaction during the year). It's also listed in Turbotax online for the T1135 (along with 11 others), but on the pdf printout there's a single page of securities in section B and only 5 of the 12 are listed.

Thank you for the information- can you please call in to speak to an agent from our phone support lines as they have access to view your screen if there is an issue can then escalate it for you. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I have purchase TT desktop for the last 10+ years.  I have mentioned this deficiency for at-least the past 3-years.  I have phoned support, etc.  Still no fix.  Under the detailed method, shares of non-resident corporations, I have 8 (eight) equities to report.  This is typical for investors that buy ADRs.  I see that the number of lines have increased from 3 to 5 in a very recent update.  Your product is still unusable for this years T1135 netfile reporting.  Will you please get the developers to update this form again to allow for 8 lines? 

strayfrog_ca
Returning Member

Well... can we get 12? 😉

@allymcbeal So the fix on your end every year is to *not* have any T-1135 reporting within Turbotax and mail in your own completed form? I still can't tell whether TT will *attempt* to report an incomplete form, so I'm tempted not to trust it and remove all of my reporting from within TT.

@allymcbeal @strayfrog_ca Every year TurboTax works on the efficiency of their software for our clients. We thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TurboTaxBrenda or TurboTaxGinette,

Can you please confirm the comment made above by allymcbeal that the number of lines in Part B of the T1135 form in TurboTax for Windows for the 2023 tax year has now been increased from 3 to 5? Is this the case for each of the 7 categories in Part B? For those who have already purchased and downloaded their software, will they automatically receive an updated T1135 when they log in? Looking forward to your confirmation.

I have desktop version 00.01.61 build 6004 068G22.  When I try the interview method, it provides 3 lines in sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 and provides 2 lines in sections 3, 4.  When I try the forms method, I see 6 lines in section 1, 5 lines in section 2, 2 lines in sections 3 & 4, 3 lines in section 5, 5 lines in section 6, and 38 lines in section 7.  When I manually enter 5-lines into section 2 of the form and save it, it is retained when I go back into the return.  Whether the return prints or files it properly I do not know.  

As mentioned, my issue is that I have 8 entries that need to go into section 2: shares of non-resident corporations.  I bought Ufile desktop, and its method does not have these limitations.

Thank you for your feedback.