Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bedts18
Returning Member

how can I get import menu to get my wife data from cra?

I follow the process of starting the Import tax data process of TurboTax Premier connecting me to the regular CRA My account login. I can only access my wife's data thru Represent a Client. So I go that route getting to the point where it asks for my wife's SIN (I have access to several members of my family this way). When I type in my wife's SIN, the CRA website ignores Turbotax and goes right to the screen showing all my wife's CRA data. And Turbotax is stuck waiting for the data. There does not seem to be any way for TurboTax to get CRA to send my wife's data to my computer.

My wife has no password to access her data right now so I have to go thru Represent a Client.

I am now suspecting that TurboTax cannot import data thru Represent a Client.

How am I supposed to do this? Or will I have to manually enter her data?

5 Replies

You are correct. TurboTax can't use "Represent a Client" to import data from the CRA. TurboTax is meant to be used by regular individuals to do their taxes with, so it only uses My Account for Auto-Fill (and NETFILE, not EFILE).

If you are not able to access your wife's My Account, then yes, you will need to manually input her information.

bedts18
Returning Member

My wife and I bought your product(self employed).I have completed the tax report.But the wife cannot report because of the represantative problem.Can I have a refund for only my wife's part?

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, you can't use Rep-A-Client ID in a personal Netfile product including TurboTax personal products. You still can file your wife's turn in two ways:

• Enter her information manually, or
  • Apply for "My Account"  ID for her and you will receive it in 10 days > then you will be able to import her data using AFR. 

I hope this was helpful 

bedts18
Returning Member

thanks your answer.

so you mean say is should I give up refund part of my wife service on turbo tax?

if you want to give up refund for me, you have to let me know how to write manually report

(still my wife 2019 report data is on the tirbo tax. I want to use this data in manually report form.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Our personal Netfiling products don't use the Rep-A-Client option. This service is for professional Softwares like Profile used by accountants and professional tax prepares. So, unfortunately, we cannot refund you for a service we did not promise. 

Your wife should have copies of all her tax slips, medical expenses, donations, and last year's Notice of Assessment. When you start her return, you will be asked to answer questions on every new page to prompt opening the required fields in her return. 

If you need more fields > you can use the Find option on the top bar and search for the Slip or Deduction you wish to apply and manually fill the boxes.

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful