Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
an---eg

I keep filling in line 23 with the information 12 months, but this information is being ignored or rejected.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I keep filling in line 23 with the information 12 months, but this information is being ignored or rejected.

Assuming you're filling out the T4A(P) - CPP income, ensure that you've matched up the box with the number of months entered to the proper type of income.  Box 23 matches up with Box 14 - retirement incomeBox 21 matches up with Box 16 - disability benefit.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Assuming you're filling out the T4A(P) - CPP income, ensure that you've matched up the box with the number of months entered to the proper type of income.  Box 23 matches up with Box 14 - retirement incomeBox 21 matches up with Box 16 - disability benefit.

mcmahon

Yes. "12" is in box 23, and my benefit in box 14. TurboTax tells me box 23 is empty when I proceed ti netfile.
alinel

that is what I keep doing but it still says there is an error

vesleb94

I'm having the same problem.

Cannot process NetFile.

Box 21 = 12 months indicated for disability

but rejecting box 23; will not accept 0 months nor 12 months retired.

Not getting a solution from Intuit nor CRA.

Completing this for a relative that lives on the other side of the country.

At the moment only option is printing but I do not have a printer and cannot access one due COVID-19 restrictions.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If you have amounts in Boxes 14 - 19 except 16 > then your Box 23 for the number of months cannot be 0 months. 

If your only income from CPP is from the Disability benefits in Box 16 > Box 21 should be the months you have received this benefit > the software will not produce errors. 

If you receive multiple benefits > the total number of months in Box 21 and Box 23 should not exceed 12 months.

I hope this was helpful

pnkinctr
Returning Member

No it will not accept anything in the box on her return even though the T4A(P) slip

Please see the image below to verify your entries.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Cvbkvld

I have recieved 2 T4P one seems to be for disability and the other is just retirement income. One of them lists 12 months and the other is simply blank. How are these calculated? Or how can I calculate this?

Just enter it as it is shown on your T4A(P) even if it doesn't show how many months.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.