Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to file my 2020 return

2 Replies

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

There are many possible reasons you can't NetFile your return:

• If this is your first time completing a Canadian income tax return you will need to click on Print and Mail your Tax Returns.

For more information please check: Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE?

If you choose to print and mail your federal tax return, mail your return to the address based on your region of residence, please check the following link: Where do I mail my federal tax return?

If you don’t live in Québec, you don’t need to file a return to your provincial government. The federal return you file with the CRA covers both your federal and provincial taxes.

If you live in Québec and choose to print and mail your provincial return, mail your return to one of the addresses listed on Revenu Québec’s website (click here: link).

For more information please check: Where do I mail my provincial tax return?

Please be aware that the CRA’s NETFILE service is only available for the previous three years, which are now open for the electronic filing of your 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020,

For the complete list of available TurboTax products for prior years, see this link: File Past Years' Income Taxes

To get help while filing your taxes online?

If at any point you have a question about your taxes or the software, our experts are here to help or post a question for our online community of users and experts. While you’re filing you may realize that you’re looking for more guidance or help with your taxes. In that case, you can upgrade to a different TurboTax Online product at any time without losing any of the data you’re already entered.

If you need further clarifications, we would be glad to guide you through.

Kazzy

Unsure if this is the same issue, but after I spent so long inputting all the information and I click on the “review my order” to finally file the 2020 return, the page never loads and is on the loading screen forever. I’m unable to skip past this except for the continue button that is supposed to load,  so I’m stuck unable to file or even try to get paid features to try to reduce the amount owing which was my intention, what do I do?