Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've completed my return but it won't file because iy says one or more forms are locked. What do I do now to unlock these?

I have completed my returns and tried to file but it says one or more forms are locked. What can I do about this?
6 Replies

I've completed my return but it won't file because iy says one or more forms are locked. What do I do now to unlock these?

Following your post as I'm having the same issue...

If you come across locked forms when using TurboTax, or receive a message saying that forms aren’t finalized, you won't be able to complete the filing of your return.

We understand this inconvenience, and are working hard to finalize these forms to align ourselves with CRA requirements.

Can you please confirm if you are using one of these forms on your return: 

The following forms are scheduled to remain locked until March 15:

• T2039 - T2039 Air Quality Improvement Tax Credit
  • T2205 - Amounts from a Spousal or Common-law Partner RRSP, RRIF or SPP to Include in Income

If you have one of the forms above- you will be able to file your return in the morning. 

TurboTax CD/download

The following form is scheduled to remain locked until March 16:

• T2039 - T2039 Air Quality Improvement Tax Credit

If you have this form you will be able to file on Friday morning or possibly Friday night. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you Brenda, 

The only form I might have is the T2205, but I tried to file again this morning and it still tells me my forms are locked...  This is frustrating to pay for a product and be waiting weeks to be able to file.  I called the support line and also got nowhere.  

We understand this inconvenience, and are working hard to finalize these forms to align ourselves with CRA requirements: The following form is scheduled to remain locked until April 5:

• T2205 - Amounts from a Spousal or Common-law Partner RRSP, RRIF or SPP to Include in Income

We appreciate your patience as our team is doing their best to have this remaining form unlocked. 

All forms (Including the T2205) should be unlocked. If you are using TurboTax Online, you may need to clear your cache if you don't see the changes. 

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure to update the software.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

All forms (Including the T2205) should be unlocked. If you are using TurboTax Online, you may need to clear your cache if you don't see the changes. 

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure to update the software.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.