Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've tried to submit 3/4 times and get this message every time. We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. CRA Result Code: 35

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.
Message from the CRA:

CRA Result Code: 35
The Canada Revenue Agency's processing system prevent your return from being accepted for NETFILE. For you to receive all the benefits and deductions to which you are entitled and to verify our validations, the Canada Revenue Agency needs you to file a paper return and attach all pertinent slips and receipts. The Canada Revenue Agency regrets the inconvenience.
5 Replies

I've tried to submit 3/4 times and get this message every time. We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. CRA Result Code: 35

Error code 35 means that you have indicated your client is filing a pre-bankruptcy return but there is no date of bankruptcy on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) records

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

what does this mean?

How do i rectify this?

If you are claiming pre-bankruptcy it means that you will need to print and mail your income tax return.

How do I know if I am claiming pre bankruptcy.

I am a student who did not work that year.

Though I did have a tax form for that year from a previous employer who paid me $80 some reason that year. 

Please select My Info, then [Your Name]’s Personal information from the left side menu. Double check that all the information you have entered on the page is correct. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.