Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked forms

trying to file my taxes, everything says its all ok until i paid and hit submit to CRA and then it says "

You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later.

any solution?

14 Replies

locked forms

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) NETFILE Service is shut down for its annual maintenance. It will open on Monday, February 21, 2022 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. You’ll be able to file or print after then.

Though the vast majority of forms will be ready for Monday’s NETFILE opening, some may still not be finalized. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized?

locked forms

It's now Monday morning, and I'm also trying to file my taxes, but it's not working. Do you know when I'll be able to file?

locked forms

I am new to using turbo tax. Will locked forms be available today Monday Feb 21,2022? Or when should one check back? the timeline given is very vague.  There should be some sort of message that states forms should be updated by xx date. This communications makes me question if they will be updated at all for this tax year and should I seek out another option for filing?

locked forms

CRA says NETFILE is now open. Why isn't TurboTax able to NETFILE?

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview....

NETFILE

The NETFILE and ReFILE services are now open for the electronic filing of your T1 personal income tax and benefit return. The NETFILE and ReFILE services for tax years 2017 (ReFILE excluded), 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 will be open until Friday, January 27, 2023.

locked forms

@ALH601 @gaterider

What is the exact error message that you are getting?

@Grantpal The vast majority of forms are available now that NETFILE is open, and most people should be able to file their returns. If you are not able to file and seeing a message about locked files, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized?

locked forms

@ALH601 @gaterider The message I receive is     You can't proceed further because one or more of your tax forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later. For more information, visit FAQ on Locked Forms.

I see that it states that the CRA hasn't unlocked forms?should i be seeking a refund if I can not file? As a first time turbo tax user I am not sure if this is normal and will be resolved in a couple of days or does this mean I can not file at all this year?  

locked forms

@Grantpal , @ALH601 it just means that you have to wait for the forms to be approved by the CRA that TurboTax submitted to them, probably late. They should be approved by February 28th at the latest I was told by someone at the CRA.

locked forms

was able to file mine today so I'm guessing they fixed it

locked forms

Any luck with this? I am still getting the locked forms error notice. So frustrating !