Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if my return is submitted - status reads "In Progress". And I don't have an email or other notification that confirms that the submission went through to netfile

6 Replies

Not sure if my return is submitted - status reads "In Progress". And I don't have an email or other notification that confirms that the submission went through to netfile

If your return is showing as "in Progress" you can check to see if it filed by going through the Filing steps again. If you have filed your return, you'll see an error message stating it's your second attempt. If you don't see an error message when you go through the steps, you'll receive a NETFILE confirmation number and email confirming that CRA has received your return.

I tried that and there is no error. It’s a page that says thanks and says I can start a new tax return. There is no netfile confirmation.

How long ago did you first submit your return? (Or think you might have). Have you checked your Junk folder in your email - many times the confirmation email ends up there. You can also call the automated CRA Telerefund line to get an update. Here's the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/refund...

This afternoon. And nothing in my junk mail either. When I go to my returns and see the current return it says in progress and when I click on the “continue” button it takes me to the “thanks!” Screen I previously mentioned.

Once i file and sign out how do i get a confirmation number

@Jamescrouse44 If your return has filed successfully, then you’ll get an email with the NETFILE confirmation number in it. You can also log back into TurboTax and check to see if it filed. The return will say “Complete” instead of “In Progress”, and if you go through the Filing steps again, you will see the confirmation number.