Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't netfile because of error "Your spouse/partner's date of birth is missing". Where do I enter my spouse's date of birth?

19 Replies

I can't netfile because of error "Your spouse/partner's date of birth is missing". Where do I enter my spouse's date of birth?

I am getting the same message and it will not let me fix it and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  It must be a software issue - but how do we contact someone to fix it

I did eventually get it to work. I opened the raw forms view and found the correct form and field to enter my spouse’s date of birth. I can’t find it now.

Found it. Form called INFOWS . Top of page 2. After I entered the birthdate of my spouse and saved it,  I went back to EasyStep view and was able to netfile.

Glad you found it. Thank you for sharing your information. We appreciate your input.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

This seems like a glitch for sure, I have used Turbotax for years and never had an issue. How can I submit my tax using netfile with this error coming up about Spouse DOB when there is no where to put this data.

I went to Forms & found INFOWS & it switched me to an actual form but I cannot enter anything to this form. How can I enter my spouses date of birth? Thanks

It’s definitely a bug. I was able to netfile by opening the forms view under the View menu. I opened a form called INFOWS and found a date of birth field for spouse at the top of page 2. After I filled it in a saved the form I was able to go back to the easy step view and NetFile. This is an ugly work around that should not be necessary.

I found it near the top of page 2 on the right hand side.

I found the form & where to enter the date of birth but it does not allow me to enter any data