Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have my taxes ready to go and for some reason it won't let me netfile to CRA can you please help

9 Replies

I have my taxes ready to go and for some reason it won't let me netfile to CRA can you please help

Do you see any error messages? Which version of TurboTax are you using? Is it Online or is it the CD/Desktop edition?

yes what is see is the following:
 Ryan : You do not qualify for NETFILE for the following reasons:

You have indicated that one of the NETFILE excluded situations applies to this return. This return is not eligible for NETFILE. Common examples of this are, you are claiming foreign tax credits from more than 3 countries, an emigrant or non-resident, claiming SR&ED expenses, etc.
How can we fix this?

it is an online free edition and had no problems in the past til now

First, review the eligibility requirements for NETFILE. If you have something that makes you ineligible, then you have to print and file your return. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/...

If you are sure that you are eligible, you’ll need go through your return and make sure that you didn’t accidently answer a question wrong or miss something. If you didn’t run the review before filing, you can do so by clicking “Get Started” under “Review” in the left side menu.

Take a look at the bottom of the personal info page where it asks “Are you filing an income tax return with the CRA for the first time?” and make sure this is No. Click “Continue” to save any changes.

Another good thing to check is if you answered the mandatory Tax on Split Income question. Use the Find tool to search for Tax on Split Income, answer the question “NO” if it doesn’t apply to you and click “Continue” to save.

Tredomac

I'm having the same problem ,i fixed the only error I have ,now when it linkse.to the CRA website and asks for my sin I entered correctly twice and it just says error ,and I tried to file my first return electronic via turbo tax back in March it didn't work so I had hnr block do my 2016 return for my first one ,now I'm trying to do the rest via TurboTax and it won't let me file electronically 

Hi there, I am having troubles with net filing. They said there was a mistake . I had forgot to say that I had been receiving CPP for 12 months. I went back and fixed it and it once again said I had a mistake! How do I continue and net file in my return?

Thanks, Bev

shawnee78

escoburrr
Returning Member

The only error message is try again...I don't know what version I am running, it is online.

Please contact our phone support team in this case as they can view your screen and will be able to assist you further.