Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TedH1
Returning Member

Turbo tax says I have sold my principal residence when I have not. How can this be fixed?

Please forward this issue to development. It is poorly designed and the process to resolve does not really lead you believe you are successful. Yes it does work but a completely unnecessary step.

Should be a simple question. Did you sell your primary residence in the tax year: Y/N

Thanks

Ted

Turbo tax says I have sold my principal residence when I have not. How can this be fixed?

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

soitgo71

I follow the step of Edit - Forms - Close Unused Forms but it's still there.  I close the software and reopen.  How can I get rid of the form?

Open the form then go to Edit- Forms- Clear forms, then close unused forms. If this doesn't work, please go to EasySteps and to the top right click on "FIND" and type in Principal Residence GO. Then make sure that you never checked off the box. If yes, please uncheck it and click on continue to update the changes.  You can then go back to FORMS mode.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

kabbott

I have tried clearing unused forms and double checked that I do not have these boxes checked, and I still can't get rid of the PRWS form ??? I cannot netfile because the CRA thinks I have not completed the principal residence worksheet! I did not sell my house

@kabbott Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for further assistance.  

Phil6226
Returning Member

The only way I was able to Netfile my wife's return was to create a return with just her on it.