Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airfox
Returning Member

T5007 - Social Assistant Amount not showing in final T1 Tax Form

I am filing tax returns for my folks. They need to file separately instead of a joint tax return due to me claiming one of them as the dependent amount.

We have entered both their T5007 in the income section but when it comes to the final review of the T1 Form. We noticed the Social Assistant Amount (T5007) is not showing. Is there a way to manually override it? 

In the Review Warnings section, the following message makes me suspect the system automatically removed the T5007 amount. If this is the case, it removed the T5007 on both tax returns.

"Social assistance benefits from a T5007 slip should generally be reported on the return of the higher income spouse/partner. We have automatically adjusted your return. Confirm your spouse/partner's return reports the T5007 income."

Turbo Tax Version - Online - Turbo Tax Deluxe 2023

5 Replies

If your parents received one T5007 for both, the information slip can only be claimed by one of them which is why the software may be picking this up. The information cannot be split onto separate returns between the two of them. The higher income parent has to claim the whole amount if there is only one T5007. If you still believe it to be an error, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance please call 1-888-829-8608.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

airfox
Returning Member

Thanks for the quick response.

They both have their own T5007. I haven’t entered them in their corresponding returns but both aren’t showing up on the T1 Form

Please enter them in each their own return and verify if you see the added T5007 in the Detailed Tax Summary as seen in the image below.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

airfox
Returning Member

@TurboTaxGinette 

I did that but they are not showing up in the Detailed Tax Summary section.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO and say "speak to a representative" then stay on the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.