Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax says I have sold my principal residence when I have not. How can this be fixed?

When I tried e-filing it was not accepted by CRA because what they see is I have sold my primary residence. I went back over my taxes and could not find any place to correct this.
16 Replies

Turbo tax says I have sold my principal residence when I have not. How can this be fixed?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I downloaded the program, not from CD

You can go into Forms mode, then select the PRWS form on your return. Click Edit from the top grey menu, then Forms > Clear Current Form.

TedH1
Returning Member

I think this is a program bug. I have the same problem. 

@TedH1 

To fix this, you can go into Forms mode, then select the PRWS form on your return. Click Edit from the top grey menu, then Forms > Clear Current Form.

Phil6226
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  The generic message I'm getting is "One or more entries in your return require correction.  The data entered is either invalid or mandatory information is missing."  When I print the CRA version of my spouses return, I'm getting the "Principle Residence Designation Worksheet".  Certainly a bug.

@Phil6226 You can go into Forms mode, then select the PRWS form on your return. Click Edit from the top grey menu, then Forms > Clear Current Form.

Phil6226
Returning Member

This step doesn't work.  The form is blank, but is still there.

You can remove the form as seen in the image below.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.