Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSH
Returning Member

Unable to add NETFILE Access Code for wife filing together

Hello,

This is my second year filing with TuboTax Online for me and my wife, both of us have the notice of assessment from the previous year. I was able to enter my own NAC in the optional field to NETFILE my return, but when filing my wife's return there is no optional field to add her NETFILE Access Code, I tried twice to file the return using NETFILE but received an error both times.

Please let me know what should I do.

3 Replies

What is the error code you are receiving?

As per our TurboTax article: Using the code is optional, but can make the authentication process easier if you have to contact the CRA.

What is the NETFILE Access Code?

The NAC is intended to be used as an extra level of security to authenticate an individual during the NETFILE transmission process. This replaces having to provide the CRA with a specific line number of a previous year’s tax return when calling into the CRA to authenticate your account.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JSH
Returning Member

I understand the documentation, and also refilled the information for my wife, but it the box to write down the NAC is never displayed for her.

Not sure if important at all, but my wife does not have income, she reports zero as income, and did the same last year.

I get "CRA Result Code: 32", already tried for the fourth time and if I understand correctly I have only one more chance to submit using NETFILE, I would appreciate your help.

It should ask for your wife's NETFILE Access Code on the bottom of the page where you are asked to certify her SIN & other details.

Regarding CRA Result Code: 32, please go back to Introduction/Profile  section at the start of your wife's return and make sure you have filled out and answered everything correctly.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.