Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I register for the CRA my account after filing tax online? I tried to register after filing taxes online but got error message from CRA web site.

7 Replies

When can I register for the CRA my account after filing tax online? I tried to register after filing taxes online but got error message from CRA web site.

You would need to wait until after your have received your notice of assessment.

Thank you, how long will it take to receive the NOA? will it be sent to the email address I registered for online mail? Or will it be mailed to my mailing address?

It can take up to 2 weeks for the CRA to process a return if it's filed online (longer in some cases). If you are waiting for the Notice of assessment to come through the mail, it may take longer than 2 weeks for it to arrive in your mailbox.

In this case I will miss the payment deadline of 30 April, what should I do?

@kinsuntse Are you trying to pay taxes owing? You don't need a CRA My Account to do that. This CRA website lists all the ways you can pay your taxes owing: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/payments-cra.html

Because I haven't recieved the NOA, should I just paid the amount shown on TurboTax Online?

thank you.

Yes, you can pay now according to your return so no interest will be added by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) after 

April 30th. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.