vantershe
Returning Member

How do i change professional income to business income without reentering my information?the program keeps defaulting to T2125 P and I can't switch it to business.

Self-employed

In TurboTax for Windows, the T2125 P for professional income and T2125 B for other types of businesses are separate forms.  Unfortunately you will have to clear the data from the T2125P and reenter it on the T2125B.

CTRL+F will bring up the form search window.  Enter T2125B in the search  so that the T2125B becomes the first result

View solution in original post

AB323

Self-employed

You can get the form to default to general business as long as you don't check any of the boxes for professional, fishermen, or other when you select 'self-employment'.  I think you may still be have to re-enter your data. the program will create a second 'business' form.  You can go in and delete the first business so that both are not included in your return.

Self-employed

I can't believe it can't be programed so a change is easily made. What are we paying for?

Self-employed

Unfortunately, you will need to start a new business and delete the professional one when done. The information will need to be reentered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

AK78

Self-employed

I agree there needs to be a way to do this, OR, EVEN BETTER, make it easier to distinguish what type of business we are at the start.  I'm a part-time renovator.  You'd think it would be obvious what category I should be in, but I don't find it obvious at all.

Self-employed

@AK78 

I have passed on your comments & suggestions to our product development team.

Thank you for your input.