Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I overcome a problem of Turbo Tax being unable to download tax info from CRA?

I can sign in directly to my CRA account,  but TurboTax cannot.  When it tries to download my tax info, CRA gives error 021.  Then TurboTax gives me "not responding", requiring a shut down and restart of the program.  I spent one hour (!) with a TurboTax customer rep, but they could NOT resolve the problem and had nothing further to suggest after walking me through all the usual steps - clearing cache, restarting computer, incognito mode, etc.  Disappointing, to say the least.

How can I overcome a problem of Turbo Tax being unable to download tax info from CRA?

Make sure you have the correct NETFILE Access Code (NAC), the error code means it doesn't match what CRA has on file for you. Please note that this code is not required to file your income tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Triple checked.  I am using the correct code, and I entered it correctly in TurboTax.

The last option would be to delete it and submit the file without it if it's not accepted.

I haven't got to the point of filing.  I'm just asking TurboTax to download my tax information (T-slips, etc.)  For the record, I'm using the same PC that I have had for several years, without incurring this problem.  One reason I keep buying TurboTax is for the convenience.  So far this year, it has been the opposite of convenient.

I can't be the only person facing this issue.  Has the technical team investigated?  

Moussi2

What error code are you getting ? Please follow the steps to upload your T-slips from the CRA. 

This is just becoming more frustrating.  If you actually had read the prior posts in this thread, you would have seen that:

1. The error code is 021
  2. I am an experienced user of TurboTax including retrieving my T-slips from CRA
  3. The hot link in your reply does NOT include any "steps to upload"

If you don't have any useful suggestions, please just say so.

I am having the same problem. Turbotax Response indicated that others are not having this issue (ie ERR.021).  However they did suggest trying the download at off -hours which means during the night.   I have tried many many many times to download the data using different browsers; keeping My Account open; turning off my laptop: and on and on.  I have been unsuccessful. Since I can easily and readily log into My Account outside of Turbotax, I feel that this is a Turbotax problem.  However I will try in the middle of the night.  Turbotax support....any ideas as to how to resolve this major (at least for me) issue?

I would suggest that the Turbotax Support team start rigorously testing the application to determine what the issue is with the Interface with My Account.   A solution, other than to try it in off hours (when MY Account is not being used a lot), should be found.  Testers should be able to find and fix the issue with rigorous testing!

@PWPonly error code 021 means that CRA blocked access to you. Are you able to log into your CRA My Account on a browser window? Please try and if you are successful, then keep it open and proceed to your TurboTax software and try again.