Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phogg

How can I overcome a problem of Turbo Tax being unable to download tax info from CRA?

I finally figured what was causing the problem - Trusteer End-point Protection, which I use for accessing bank accounts. There are two ways to access My Account - by sign-in partner or by user ID and password. I use the user ID and password method. For my spouse, I use the Sign-in partner process. When I click on the sign-in partner, a bank, Trusteer End-point Protection kicks in. (It doesn't when using the direct user ID process.) The Trusteer "guard" subsequently prevents third party access and downloading of the tax info. I was able to disable Trusteer, enabling TurboTax to then access and download the info.

How can I overcome a problem of Turbo Tax being unable to download tax info from CRA?

Thanks for sharing that info. Good to know for us as well!
pa16

Downloading  CRA to Turbo tax is not happening. CRA account is functioning properly - Turbo tax is the problem

Same problem. My information came in after several attempts. My spouses information is still sitting in limbo. Turbo tax comes up saying CONNECTING and that's it. I have tried several different ways of connecting to CRA. We use partner banking log in with two layers of security. Wish Turbo Tax could get their act together as we had similar problems last season and I ended up manually filling in my wife's slips. Lets get this fixed as it makes an otherwise great product sort of half AS""ed

Same problem.  TurboTax downloads my T slip info, but when we try to download my spouse's info, after logging into to CRA, we get a ERR.021 error.  Spouse can log in externally no problem and we even checked with CRA (on hold for a total for 5 hours) and the account is fine.  TurboTax is not able to make a proper request to CRA for the second taxpayer.  Happened last year too.  Please fix this!!

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

This appears to be random.

Upon failure, simply hit the 'Back' button in Turbotax, and when you see the page to begin the auto-fill steps just try it again. And a couple of times more if necessary. 

That's how this thing behaved on my end, and I was able to autofill 2 returns doing so. I didn't have to change any settings, or clear cookies or anything.

Because of the random nature, you may hear people claiming that they fixed it by changing some setting or taking extra steps, but it's probably just noise.

Btw, I encountered this issue for the first time while submitting 2022 returns. Never before that.

Thank you for your feedback we will be sure to let the appropriate team know of this issue.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hogiie

It wont work for me still doing the same

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies, signing out of your return and restarting your computer? Some have success by changing the browser they are using.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.