Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not have a CRA account and will be filing my 2023 tax return in Canada. Can I register for a CRA account after the Notice of Assessment has been issued?

I would appreciate it if you could also tell me about the process of issuing a Notice of Assessment.
13 Replies

I do not have a CRA account and will be filing my 2023 tax return in Canada. Can I register for a CRA account after the Notice of Assessment has been issued?

Yes. If this is your first time filing a return then you can create a CRA My Account after you have gotten your Notice of Assessment. 

The Notice of Assessment is sent to you by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If you don't have a CRA My Account you will get it sent to you by mail.

Thank you for teaching me. I will wait to hear from CRA.

You are welcome.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

ADJJB

Hiya, i just filed my return for the first time using Turbo Tax! I have 3 questions please,

when will i receive my refund?

will it be via my bank or cheque ?

without a CRA account how can i add my direct deposit details for them to send me the funds?

Thanks!

Once you receive your notice of assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you will need to create a "My Account" on the CRA website if they have no previous information about you. If the CRA doesn't have your bank account information, you can add it later using the "My Account" feature. If you are owed any tax refunds, it may take up to 8 weeks for you to receive a check in the mail. 

Thank you for using TurboTax.

ADJJB

Yes I am owed a refund Is there anyway I can get the refund sooner than 8 weeks and is there anyway I can get it online?

Lastly long does it take to get the notice to file ?

thanks !!

It can take up to 8 weeks, you can get it much sooner.  Can you please clarify "notice to File" ?

ADJJB

Sorry I meant notice of assessment

please can you let me know how I can get my refund via my bank and not a a cheque 

Your refund cheque will be attached to your notice of assessment.

You can go here: Ways to sign up for direct deposit or update your account information