Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally decided to catch up 5 years of taxes. '20 '21 and '22 went through without an issue. my '18 and '19 still haven't been filed . . . and i did them in early Dec.

I filed my '2018 - 2022 taxes in early December. '20 - '22 went through without any issues. my '18 and '19 taxes haven't even been filed yet. . . and i actually had to pay for one of these years. I just figured if i was paying for something it should work. I absolutely hate that the customer service number is absolutely useless and does not give me the option to talk to an actual human being. I don't know what I'm supposed to do if I have nobody who can actually answer my questions and look into these years for me. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
7 Replies

I finally decided to catch up 5 years of taxes. '20 '21 and '22 went through without an issue. my '18 and '19 still haven't been filed . . . and i did them in early Dec.

What error message are you getting when you try to NETFILE your 2018 and 2019 returns?

I get no error message at all. It looks like it should be working as it should be. This is why I'm getting frustrated right now. I recently tried refiling again to no prevail as well. I also believe these are the two years i had to pay for whoch makes it even more frustrating

When you go to NETFILE, do you see the pop-up that shows it's connecting to the NETFILE servers?

Also, please note that the CRA has temporarily shut down most of there services for this weekend, so NETFILE & ReFILE will not be available until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, January 8, 2024 (Eastern Time).

I think I figured it out. I clicked register later on the turbotax registration popup then couldn't find my registration numbers afterwards. Would you know how i would find these ? 

20240107_135903.jpg

Now both desktop downloads are claiming to not be supported. 

You don't need to register the software to be able to NETFILE your return. And you don't need a code to register, as it will just try your contact info to the Product Licence you entered when you installed the software.

If you didn't see the pop-up that showed you were connecting to the CRA servers when you NETFILEd, then please try reinstalling the software.