Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot to sign my tax return (sent by mail). Should I sign them and mail them again?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I forgot to sign my tax return (sent by mail). Should I sign them and mail them again?

You do not actually need a signature on a paper return.  CRA will assess what you have sent.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

You do not actually need a signature on a paper return.  CRA will assess what you have sent.

I did same mistake and hope it will be not returned back to my address. :(

c_kv123

Hi!

Realized I did the same thing.

Did they send it back to you?

Please go and verify your CRA " My Account" which will show you if it was successfully received. If yes, then all is well. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

TaxAlan11

Hey I am in the same boat. Mailed my tax returns last week and realized that I had not signed it. How did CRA proceed with your return?

TaxAlan11

As a first time filer, there is no access to My Account. Any notes on the next steps?

I mailed my paper return last week without signature. There is still a week left till the deadline. Should I submit the entire return again, this time with signature?

The date the return was received is noted at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If your signature is absolutely required the CRA will contact you. If there was a barcode on your printed return, this includes the agreement that you have electronically accepted (signed) this return to be true to the best of your knowledge and want the CRA to assess it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.