Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaxEstate
Returning Member

I have 3 user ids associated with my email. 2 of them I created but didn't use. 1 of them I use. Is there a way to delete the 2 I don't use and keep the 1 I do? Thank you

The 2 I don't use were created based on some inconsistent telephone advice from Intuit regarding doing a final return for a deceased person. I ended up hiring an accountant but the user ids are still there and I would like to delete them but keep the one active that I use from my own personal returns. Thank you.
3 Replies

I have 3 user ids associated with my email. 2 of them I created but didn't use. 1 of them I use. Is there a way to delete the 2 I don't use and keep the 1 I do? Thank you

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Thank you for your message Susan. I did try customer support and it was a VERY lengthy process and they ended up having to research and call back. They said it was not possible to delete the two user ids even though there are no tax returns in them. If they had history/data then perhaps I could see TurboTax being required to keep them for a specified number of years but there are NO returns in two of them so I am not sure why they can't be deleted but they told me they can't. 

Unfortunately, that information is correct. Returns can be deleted but not complete accounts.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.