Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S Brian

I have received a receipt email but no activation code

Where is activation code?
3 Replies

If you purchased TurboTax CD/Download directly from us 

If you bought TurboTax CD/Download directly from TurboTax.ca, your license code appears on the electronic receipt that's emailed to you.

It’s a good idea to check your junk mail folder to make sure your TurboTax receipt didn’t end up there by mistake. If you haven't received your receipt by email within 24 hours of purchase, contact TurboTax Support to get a copy.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

If your box says TurboTax Online, you don't need a licence code. You've purchased the online edition of TurboTax and there's nothing to download or install.

You'll find your activation code and instructions on how to use it on the card that came inside the box.

If you didn't receive a card, contact TurboTax Support.

Starting tax year 2020, when you purchase the online edition of TurboTax, all you need to do is sign in to your account (or create a new one) to activate your prepayment code. 

Please visit the following TurboTax FAQs for the instructions and more information on activation code:  In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code? (instructions) and Where is my TurboTax licence code?. 

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

vepeter

I purchased Turbo tax online but I do not have an activation code.

Please email me at [email address removed]