Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hughes1

Getting Netfile error: asking to confirm spouse income as zero. Line 236 shows zero, no T4's and spouse's return went netfile all OK. Any ideas? Thanks.

Netfile error message says: Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. If you don't enter it, when the CRA receives your spouse/partner's return you will be reassessed and you'll owe the difference in your refund or tax payable, plus interest. Your spouse/partner's income is required even if they passed away during the tax year.

When I click fix it takes me through these steps again - Information, Marital status, Nisga'a and Dependents.

Then repeat.

5 Replies

Getting Netfile error: asking to confirm spouse income as zero. Line 236 shows zero, no T4's and spouse's return went netfile all OK. Any ideas? Thanks.

In TurboTax Online, on the left side menu, choose Additional Information about [Spouse’s Name] from under My Info. There you can answer YES to the question “Was [Spouse’s Name]'s net income for 2018 zero?”.

bjmckenzie
Returning Member

There is not the same option on the desktop version.  What is the way to correct it?

I keep getting Netfile error: asking to confirm spouse income as zero. T4's are entered but I keep getting the error on both spouses returns. Any ideas? Thanks.

Getting the same error despite doing both of our returns together. Can’t netfile because of this error

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.