Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live in QC and work in Ontario. Only t4, no rl1.

10 Replies

If you live in Quebec and work in Ontario Click here to see how to enter your T4 in TurboTax. 

Joesaf
Returning Member

Anyone know why all references to how to enter T4 with or without RL-1 in Quebec are not accessible?

Joesaf
Returning Member

Same result. Page not available...

In TurboTax Online, select My Info > [Your Name]’s Personal Tax Profile from the left side menu. Then click the Edit button next to Income & work-related expenses. Answer yes to the question [Your Name], did you work in 2022? Then check off “T4- Employment Income” and “I worked in Québec and received a Relevé 1 slip”.

What are the steps to follow is you are using the desktop version?

In the desktop version you will make sure you click on Easy Steps at the top of your screen if you are in the Forms View. From here please see the images below for guidance.

1-Go to the left menu and click on Profile then check I was employed in the screen and T4/Releve 1 then Continue.

2-Click on Income & Expenses in the left menu then T4/Releve 1 on the right screen then Continue.

3-Enter your T4 information and click on Skip Releve 1 at the bottom.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Does it mean that RL-1 slip can be just simply skipped without any other steps to do in the following rest of steps?

Yes, you can skip the REL1 as you worked in Ontario and not in Quebec. You will see on the bottom once you enter your T4 that it will give you a choice- To continue by "Save T4 and Skip RL1" or "Save T4 and enter RL1" Choose the first option and you will just continue. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

But what if I live and work in Quebec but my employer is in USA, I have a T4 but no RL-1.

Do I skip RL-1?