Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter's disability amount how to move from my husband's return to my return?

My daughter's disability amount how to move from my husband's return to my return in TurboTax?
3 Replies

My daughter's disability amount how to move from my husband's return to my return?

Are you already on file at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as the person who can take a transfer? This is predetermined when the application is done. Please review the steps in our TurboTax FAQs below to see if anything was missed.

How do I claim the Disability Tax Credit 

How do I claim the Disability Tax Credit transferred from my dependant?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Are you already on file at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as the person who can take a transfer? Yes, I am the person who can take a transfer and not my husband. TurboTax add this transfer to the return with the highest income. Why can I not change that? My husband and I filing together.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.