Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Fill not working (even after trying 3 times)

We are very sorry for any inconvenience to you, unfortunately, AutoFill does have a limit as to how many T5008's can be imported into TurboTax OnLine.  The limit is 30 T5008's.  

As an alternative, you can combine the amounts from each box together and enter them as one T5008 slip in TurboTax (ex. the sum of all box 20s on all your slips go into box 20 in TurboTax, the sum of all box 21s go into box 21 and so on).

IMBOBB

I called TurboTax today to discuss my problem with Auto-Fill. The agent could duplicate my problem so it appears to be a bug.

There are 2 methods of using TurboTax - EasyStep mode and Forms mode.

In Forms mode it asks you a WHOLE lot of annoying questions but at the end of that process it will bring forward your info from the previous year of TurboTax and then it will connect (if you want) to the CRA web site and download all of the info from all of your tax documents for this year (T4, T4A, T3 etc) and put it into the proper place in TurboTax. It WILL do this correctly when you are filing a coupled return for husband and wife.

I do not use EasyStep mode.

In Forms mode it does NOT ask all the annoying questions. It will correctly bring forward your info from the previous year of TurboTax and then it will connect (if you want) to the CRA web site and download all of the info from all of your tax documents for this year (T4, T4A, T3 etc) and put it into the proper place in TurboTax. It WILL NOT do this correctly when you are filing a coupled return for husband and wife. It will only do this for the first person, either husband or wife.

The work-around the problem is to start your returns in EasyStep mode and after the CRA info has been correctly loaded then switch to forms mode.

Thank you for your feedback about our Auto-Fill. We will be looking into this. 

DaveD4

I've been getting this message all morning and have tried two different browsers. There must be a more useful message to help understand and resolve the issue.

Please help as it is literally hours to the RRSP contribution deadline.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

CRA opened the AFR and Netfile services back on Feb 22nd. please check this link on how to use the AFR option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxf8Tffxmxo&feature=youtu.be

I hope this was helpful 

I tried to use Auto-Fill to import my T4, T3 and T5 slips which show within my CRA portal but nothing gets imported in!!!  Why?!?!

As per the Canada Revenue Agency link below, due to systems maintenance, the following services will be temporarily unavailable. 

Service maintenance details

If you wish to contact them please follow our TurboTax FAQ link below.

How do I contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)?

Thank you for your patience.

I'm having that problem too turbotax and cra are useless to help

mrxtr00

Again downloading info from CRA doesn't work...  I get message:

Error 401--Unauthorized
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.2 401 Unauthorized

The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.46) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity MAY include relevant diagnostic information. HTTP access authentication is explained in section 11.

ashfaqakhan11
Returning Member

When you will update your income tax product for down loading of return from CRA