Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mo0se

My wife has a T5 but i don’t and i’m trying to file my taxes but it needs the deluxe version to its charging me $40 not $20. Please help

6 Replies

My wife has a T5 but i don’t and i’m trying to file my taxes but it needs the deluxe version to its charging me $40 not $20. Please help

The T5 is a Statement of Investment Income. Investment income is not included in Free or Deluxe. Your wife would need Premier or higher. If you two are preparing your returns together, then you are both using the same version of TurboTax and so will both be charged the same price.

Please see these TurboTax FAQs for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Who can file for free using TurboTax?

Mo0se

the thing is that Turbotax recommended i upgrade to deluxe while i was filing for the both of us.

kindly find the attached photo for this issue. 

@TurboTaxSusan 

9A95478A-92D6-4941-9C73-7A7CE610BAC0.png

Kindly assist with this. 

If you two are preparing your returns together, then you are both using the same version of TurboTax and so will both be charged the same price.

Mo0se

so why is it recommending the deluxe version instead of the premium version?

Mo0se

@TurboTaxSusan  So why is it recommending the deluxe version instead of the premium version?

If you are using the Free version, it may need to upgrade you to Deluxe before it can upgrade you to Premier. Yo can see what each version of TurboTax Online supports on our website here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/online