Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax keeps saying my commodity codes are wrong on form T1163, but they are the correct codes when i look them up. How can i get around this so i can netfile?

7 Replies

Turbotax keeps saying my commodity codes are wrong on form T1163, but they are the correct codes when i look them up. How can i get around this so i can netfile?

You can look up the Commodity codes here, if you haven’t already done so:

http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/?id=1516214005422

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

August18
Returning Member

You say we can "PHONE" help, however, what is the phone number?  It looks like I'm supposed to PAY another service supplied by Turbo tax BEFORE I'm given a help phone number.  I need help efiling with the proper commodity codes on a T1163 for agricultural products.  I have been using TurboTax for years and have never had this problem.  Purchasing your tax program INCLUDES being able to EFILE!!  I should not have to pay more to do what the program is supposed to do.  I would appreciate that Turbo Tax provides me with a phone number to get a human to explain, or that the programmers update what they need to to allow the agricultural commodities ( that are the same as they have been for years!) to NOT prevent netfiling, thank you!

August18
Returning Member

PS:   I am not using a free Turbo Tax.  I paid for it!

AK823

I am certain that there is a problem with the first field on the commodity list for T1163. It is orange and the program sees this as an error. I am putting in the correct codes but it seems that it is preventing me from Netfiling my tax. Could anyone in the community or Turbo Tax programmers please apply an update to fix this problem. I am wishing to Netfile my tax and these codes have always worked in the past. Please Turbo Tax programmers fix this glitch.

We will need to ask a few personal questions can you please contact us on Facebook or Twitter private message so that we can assist you.

hbag241

I am having the same problem with commodity codes on the T1163.  The codes are same as I have used in past years and match the codes on the CRA website. 

I do not use Twitter nor FB for this type of question.

Hoping to get a response soon . . . 

Here is the new 2019 link from CRA- Can you please check using this link to see if they are the same codes as what you have? http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/?id=1547500364259&