Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harlenew

I purchased TurboTax Premier for 2014. I cannot download it into my computer. The disk spins a few times but does not load. What should I do? Is the disc defective?

I have been using TurboTax for over five years and have never had a problem loading a disc.  Please help!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I purchased TurboTax Premier for 2014. I cannot download it into my computer. The disk spins a few times but does not load. What should I do? Is the disc defective?

If anyone is still experiencing issues after attempting Delphision's solution, you can download the installer for TurboTax off of our support site, and try installing with it instead:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/Download-links-for-installing-TurboTax/INF150...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If anyone is still experiencing issues after attempting Delphision's solution, you can download the installer for TurboTax off of our support site, and try installing with it instead:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/Download-links-for-installing-TurboTax/INF150...

Those links are marvellous, TurboBot.  Thanks for adding that.  I have added it to favourites just in case.
storeside

When I initial tried to install my 2014 CD on my desktop it just kept on spinning.  Change computer and after a few more attempts it started to process.  Didn't complete the installation on my secondary computer but remove CD and retried on my main desktop.....finally worked...what a drag....Been using Intuit for years....they seem to be getting worse...especially in the support category..  It isn't a bad program...but very frustrating if you start to have problems.

Once the disc is inserted, try navigating to the drive where it is installed, and double-click to open it.  If you see a .exe file, double-click on that to begin the installation.  It may be that security settings are preventing an automatic install.